Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Motivational Fitness Apps to the Rescue

As we have all become aware, our phones can be very helpful in our daily lives. Here is just another reason why you can't live without your phone; FITNESS APPS! Let's talk about two of my favorite fitness apps that have become an important element of my daily fitness routine.

Nike Running

(photo from here)

I've had my Nike app for quite some time now, and I can't imagine living without it. Okay, that's a little extreme, but you get the picture. This is an app that can track your daily runs or walks. It will not only tell you how many miles you have run, but also how long it took you, a map of the path you took, and the approximate calories you burned! I track every run I do, and I especially love how it tells you at each mile how for you have gone, how long it has taken you, and your average mile.

It's also great because I obviously don't have a tread mill to track how far I have run and how long it took me. You can also set a specific distance or time that you want to run, which I have recently come to enjoy. I have been setting a goal distance, and then I try to beat that goal. It's overall, a great app for runners.

My Fitness Pal
(photo from here)
I have gone back and forth between using this app, and I'm back into using it again. This is a type of app where you log all of the food you eat and exercise you do in a day. Though I don't like to get too caught up in calorie counting or anything like that, I find it interesting to look at the nutrition labels of everything I eat, and it motivates me to eat healthier since I am writing it down. The last thing you want to do is write down three unhealthy meals in a day. This kind of app isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I enjoy it!

There are so many fantastic apps out there can help you keep healthy, and these are just two of my favorites.

I'm doing fitness related posts all week, so be on the lookout for tomorrow's post. Check out my blog post from yesterday by clicking here.

Stay classy,
Molly

Cover photo credit: here

No comments:

Post a Comment