Wednesday, May 20, 2015

My First Mac Haul

You would think that someone like me who has such an unhealthy obsession with makeup would have already strolled into a Mac store once or twice in her life, but no! Contrary to popular belief, I visited a Mac store this week for the first time. I was at Sephora just a few minutes before and I just couldn't handle spending so much money on makeup. Mac has some seriously great prices for such cheep products. I decided to pick up two products I have been dying to get. I did some research on both before I picked them up (of course) and finally decided to stop by and pick them up. Here is what I got.

Alright, so the first item I picked up was a blush. I have been looking for a high end, trusty blush that could go with any makeup look. I did some research on neutral blushes, and I decided to go with Fleur Power by Mac. I have heard so many great things about the Mac blushes that I felt I had to try one out. It is a neutral pink color that I think looks great on my skin. My first impression on it is that it is super pigmented. I can just tap my brush once lightly in it, and I have plenty of product. This means it's going to last forever! I tried it for the first time today, and I really love it. I don't feel that it is spoken about a lot in the beauty community, but I am in love.


Next, I really wanted to get a highlighter. I was looking at the non-stop talked-about highlighters from Becca, but they are pretty expensive. I just feel that $38 is just too much for a highlighter. I have heard so much about the mac highlighters so I decided to pickup Mac's Mineralize SkinFinish in Soft and Gentle. I have tried it out and honestly I thought it was going to be a little more pigmented. I am not super bummed about it, but I am going to use it some more before I give a full review. It is a great lid color and inner corner highlight too. I use it when I am in a pinch when it comes to eye shadow because it is such a multipurpose product. I also love that it is a mix of silver and gold shimmer as apposed to one or the other that most highlights are.


Here are the swatches of both of the products on my hand so you can get a better feel for them. Fleur Power is on the right and Soft and Gentle is on the left. I plan on doing an every day makeup routine soon, so stay tuned for that to see if these products are good enough to make it into my every day makeup routine!

Stay classy,
Molly

Photo Credit: pinterest.com

No comments:

Post a Comment